September 10, 2006

weird al's white and nerdy

weird al's latest parody has started diffusing through the blogosphere and i thought i'd chime in to help it go critical, since it's so right on and clever.

the parody is inspired by chamillionaire's debut single "ridin' dirty" which has been conveniently gvideoed:




al transposes the ghetto fab imagery and the infectious beat of the song to the popularly neglected part of youth culture that consumes rap: "the white and nerdy."

here is the mp3. and the lyrics:
White & Nerdy
------------
Parody of "Ridin'" by Chamillionaire
New lyrics by Al Yankovic

They see me mowin'
My front lawn
I know they're all thinking I'm so white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
Can't you see I'm white and nerdy?
Look at me, I'm white and nerdy
I wanna roll with
The gangstas
But so far they all think I'm too white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
I'm just too white and nerdy.
Really really white and nerdy.

First in my class here at MIT
Got skills, I'm a champion at D&D
MC Escher - that's my favorite MC
Keep your 40, I'll just have an Earl Grey tea
My rims never spin, to the contrary
You'll find that they're quite stationary
All of my action figures are cherry
Steven Hawking's in my library
My MySpace page is all totally pimped out
Got people beggin' for my top eight spaces
Yo, I know pi to a thousand places
Ain't got no grills but I still wear braces
I order all of my sandwiches with mayonnaise
I'm a whiz at Minesweeper - I could play for days
Once you see my sweet moves you're gonna stay amazed
My fingers' movin' so fast I'll set the place ablaze
There's no killer app I haven't run
At Pascal, well I'm number one
Do vector calculus just for fun
I ain't got a gat but I got a soldering gun
Happy Days is my favorite theme song
I could sure kick your butt in a game of ping pong
I'll ace any trivia quiz you bring on
I'm fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon

They see me roll on
My Segway
I know in my heart they think I'm white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
Can't you see I'm white and nerdy
Look at me, I'm white and nerdy
I'd like to roll with
The gangstas
Although it's apparent I'm too white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
I'm just too white and nerdy
How'd I get so white and nerdy

I've been browsin', inspectin'
X-Men comics, you know I collect 'em
The pens in my pocket, I must protect 'em
My ergonomic keyboard never leaves me bored
Shopping online for deals on some writable media
I edit Wikipedia
I memorized Holy Grail really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
I got a business doing websites
When my friends need some code, who do they call?
I do HTML for 'em all
Even made a homepage for my dog
Yo, I got myself a fanny pack
They were havin' a sale down at The Gap
Spend my nights with a roll of bubble wrap
Pop, pop, hope no one sees me
Gettin' freaky
I'm nerdy in the extreme
And whiter than sour cream
I was in AV Club and Glee Club and even the Chess Team
Only question I
Ever thought was hard
Was do I like Kirk
Or do I like Picard
Spend every weekend at the Renaissance Fair
Got my name on my underwear

They see me strollin'
They laughin'
And rollin' their eyes 'cause I'm so white and nerdy
Just because I'm white and nerdy
Just because I'm white and nerdy
All because I'm white and nerdy
Holy cow, I'm white and nerdy
I wanna bowl with
The gangstas
But, oh well, it's obvious I'm white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
Think I'm just too white and nerdy
I'm just too white and nerdy
Look at me, I'm white and nerdy

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing
all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say superb blog!
My homepage : Lexington Law

Anonymous said...

Malaysia & Singapore & brunei finest online blogshop
for wholesale & quantity korean accessories, accessories, earstuds, locket, rings, hair, bracelet & bangle accessories.
Deal 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
Also see my site :: ohio unemployment

Anonymous said...

Malaysia & Singapore & brunei ideal internet blogshop for wholesale & supply korean add-ons, earrings,
earstuds, locket, rings, hair, bracelet & bracelet
add-ons. Offer 35 % wholesale rebate. Ship Worldwide
Also visit my web site :: capacidades cognitivas

Anonymous said...

When someone writes an paragraph he/she retains the plan of a user in his/her
mind that how a user can understand it. So that's why this piece of writing is great. Thanks!
Also visit my web page property management

Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.
Is this a paid theme or did you customize
it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing,
it is rare to see a nice blog like this one
these days.
Also see my site - penilarge cena

Anonymous said...

Greate pieces. Keep posting such kind of information on your blog.

Im really impressed by your site.
Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. I'll certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this web site.
My web site :: Upper James Manor

Anonymous said...

Remarkable! Its actually awesome paragraph, I have got much clear idea on
the topic of from this post.

my website - Vintage Moebel Karlsruhe

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this web site is really working hard in
support of his website, since here every data is quality based
data.

Also visit my web site - Diablo

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both
educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy
I came across this during my hunt for something concerning
this.

Feel free to surf to my weblog ... Diablo 3
Also see my page: Diablo

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue together with
your website in web explorer, would test this?
IE nonetheless is the market chief and a big component of other people
will miss your wonderful writing because of this problem.


Have a look at my web page - Resort Management Association

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup? I'm assuming
having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

my weblog: Resort Management Association

Anonymous said...

Very quickly this website will be famous amid all blogging and site-building
viewers, due to it's fastidious posts

Also visit my homepage Resort Management Association

Anonymous said...

After looking at a handful of the blog posts on your web site, I seriously appreciate your technique
of writing a blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back in the near future.
Please visit my web site as well and let me know how you
feel.

Check out my website ... hcg diet

Anonymous said...

Admiring the hard work you put into your site and
detailed information you offer. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed information.

Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.


Feel free to visit my web-site 800 calorie hcg diet